This ketofied chicken recipe features pickle juice as the brine, and protein powder as the low-carb breading alternative. The result? Juicy and golden tenders that are a perfect dupe. Brining and frying are the secrets to cooking flavorful chicken breasts. Using pickle juice for the brine infuses these chicken tenders with their dill flavor, plus leads to perfectly seasoned meat.
- 24-ounce pickle jar
- 8 medium uncooked chicken breast tenders
- 2 scoops unflavored 100% whey protein powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
1. Remove the pickles from the jar. Add the chicken to a plastic bag then pour in the pickle juice. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. In a plate mix together the protein powder, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper, and paprika. Beat the eggs together on a separate plate.
3. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the avocado oil then allow it to heat up while you bread the chicken.
4. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then coat with the breading mixture.
5. Pan fry until the tenders are golden brown and fully cooked through.
Try serving these up with a side of our buffalo coleslaw, This makes a total of 4 servings of Ketofied Chick-Fil-A-style Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 342.53 Calories, 14.8g Fats, 1.68g Net Carbs, and 47.6g Protein.